On Saturday, August 12, 2006, 17:29:38, Thomas Fernandez wrote:

> If it is in the software of the stick, what you are suggesting is
> either a workaround or a crack, isn't it?

Volume serial number is stored in the boot sector, and it's usually written
when the disk is formatted. Given that USB pendrives are fairly unreliable
storage, I see nothing wrong in changing the volume ID to get around the
software lockdown. One of the many tools for changing it is available on the
sysinternals website: <http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/VolumeId.html>

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >

[The Bat! v3.81.12 Beta on Windows 2003 5.2.3790.Service Pack 1]

The one day you'd sell your soul for something, souls are a glut on the market.
       -- Faust's First Law of Synergism