Hi bill,

on  Sun, 18 May 2008 22:12:01 +0000GMT (19.05.2008, 00:12 +0200GMT here),
you wrote:

bhsn> On Sun, 18 May 2008 22:40:19 +0200, you [Peter Meyns] wrote:

bhsn> }Provided you have a backup of the data, this is a trivial task. Just
bhsn> }make sure that the file system and the volume ID are the same as on
bhsn> }the previous device. :)

bhsn> Followed your advice to the letter.  Unfortunately it would not work
bhsn> for me.  I have three Voyager 'activation keys' none of which was
bhsn> acceptable to the suitably named, and file system compliant new USB
bhsn> device.

I'm not sure if we proceeded alike. I tell you what I did in detail:

First I formatted the new USB stick to the same file system as the old
one, in my case FAT32. Then I ran volumeid.exe (available at
sysinternals.com) and set the volume ID to the same hex number that
the old stick had, in my case 0000-0000. (You can see your drive's
actual volume ID by typing "vol <drive letter>:" at the command
prompt.) Now I copied the complete contents of the old stick to the
new one, and, voilà, Voyager ran as usual without even asking for an
activation key.

--
Cheers
Peter

The Bat! v4.0.24.11 :beta: on WinXP, SP3, 5, 1, build 2600
plenty of POP accounts, no IMAP, several newsgroups via MyGate
OTFE disabled
AMD Athlon 2200+ at 1794 MHz, 512 MB RAM