Hello Marek,

Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 11:11:30 AM, you wrote:

>>I know that certificates are expensive, but it worth its price.

> but almost all plugins are free, why should developers pay for certificate
> then?

I concur. Development of freeware plugins faces imminent danger if developers
have to pay. And there is more. Even if a developer choses to pay from his
pocket, his plugin may uses a third party dll that is not signed! You see the
problems? I don't think that use of "signed only plugins" worth it.

But this problem could be solved easily. You could implement something like
the signed windows driver, the user can select wether he trusts an unsigned
plugin or not. Why don't follow this approach ?

--
George M. Menegakis
Using The Bat v3.99.24 on Windows XP Service Pack 2