Hi list,

I'm having a tough time recomputing the values that I find in PCR 17
following SENTER.   I'm using i5_i7_DUAL_SINIT_18.BIN (I believe this
to be the latest available), which produces a version 7
sinit_to_mle_data.

Looking at Section 1.9.1 in the spec, it's quite unclear to me exactly
what it's trying to tell me will be in PCR 17.

>From the spec:

If SinitMleData.Version = 7, PCR 17’s final value will be:

SHA-1 ( SinitMleData.SinitHash | SHA-1 ( SinitMleData.BiosAcm.ID |
SinitMleData.MsegValid | SinitMleData.StmHash | SinitMleData.PolicyControl |
SinitMleData.LcpPolicyHash | (OsSinitData.Capabilities, 0) ) )

There are at least three problems with this.  (1) There is no mention
of a PCR Extend (contrast with the clear explanation for version 6
sinit_to_mle_data which I have used successfully in the past), and (2)
This expression is inconsistent with the paragraph at the start of
Section 1.9.1 which mentions the use of SHA-256 to hash the "SINIT
ACM".  I don't see SHA-256 in that expression anywhere. (3) It is not
mentioned whether the 4-byte EdxSenterFlags is also input to SHA-256
or not.

I'd rather not try to map out all the different possibilities and
figure this out experimentally.

Things don't look much better for version 8 but I don't have the
hardware to test that.

Thanks!
-Jon