On Sun, 2020-05-10 at 15:12 +0300, Timo Lindfors wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm planning to package tboot for Debian. As part of the process I went
> through all the copyright and license notices in tboot-1.9.12.tar.gz.gpg.
>
> Everything looks pretty smooth but I do have two concerns:
>
> 1) lcptools/Linux_LCP_Tools_User_Manual.doc has the paragraph
>
> "This document and the software described in it are furnished under
> license and may only be used or copied in accordance with the terms of the
> license."
>
> but it is not at all clear what license this is talking about. Is it the
> BSD-3-clause license used in most other files or something else? Would it
> be possible to clarify this either in this file or in the COPYING file?
>
> 2) The COPYING file states
>
> "Files which do not contain any copyright information are assumed to be
> copyrighted by Intel Corporation. All other files contain their copyright
> and license at the beginning of the file."
>
> This is a good clarification but this file does not actually explain what
> the license of files without license information is. Is it the
> BSD-3-clause license used in most files? The files without license
> information that I could identify are:

Hi Timo

The base TBOOT licence is BSD-3-clause, however some files that comes
from other projects have different licenses (but all of them are
compatible with BSD-3-clause).

I can add information to COPYING file that looks like: "All files that
do not have license header, have BSD-3-clause license and are
copyrighted by Intel Corporation". Will it solve all license gaps in
your opinion?

Thanks,
Lukasz