Hi,

while testing latest tboot with latest debian unstable I noticed that txt-acminfo reports "ACM does not match platform" for all ACM modules. It seems that this happens since /dev/cpu/0/msr does not exist by default in Debian. There is an error "Error: failed to open /dev/cpu/0/msr" but since txt-acminfo reports so much information this can easily be missed by a user. After I run "modprobe msr" txt-acminfo behaves normally again.

Could we make missing /dev/cpu/0/msr a fatal error that should suggest the user to run "modprobe msr"? In any case txt-acminfo should not report "ACM does not match platform" for a valid ACM file. It should report "Could not determine if ACM matches platform (maybe you need to modprobe msr)?" or something.

-Timo