Hallo Paula,

On Saturday, December 11, 1999, 11:37:39 AM (GMT+0800), Paula Ford wrote:

PF>       With focus on a message in the messages list of the main window,
PF>       press "f", which brings up the Quick Search window. Close the QS
PF>       window by clicking on the "X" in corner of window. Press
PF>       "Ctrl-Enter". A message window for replying does not open, but a
PF>       reply is generated and placed in the OutBox. This does not happen
PF>       when pressing "Escape" to close the Quick Search window.

I cannot confirm this. I just tried it out. I have tried with message
auto-view and without. The behaviour is the same, wether I closed
quick-search by clicking on the top-right corner "X" or by hitting ESC
(but it makes a nice sound when I hit ESC). CRTL-Enter will open a
message reply in the deidtor window in both cases.

I don't know what they fixed between 1.38 and 1.38e, but 1.38e is the
latest version I know of.

--

Cheers,
Thomas                             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.38e
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
using an Intel Celeron 366 Mhz, 128MB RAM