On Monday, May 13, 2013, 8:29:23 AM, you (tbudl@thebat.dutaint.com) wrote:

> In the Address Book -
>         File - Export to - Address List (Plain Text)
> This produces a .txt file of the address book

> If you wish to copy only a selection:
>         Select the addresses you want in the usual way with Shift -
> Mouse left click or Control = Mouse left click
>         Then
>         File - Export to - Export Selection - In the save As box, choose
> Address Lists (Plain Text)

> You can choose other formats from the available list.

Now that I know how to perform this export, I see that the resulting
list is not in the same order as my address book. (I did a plain text
export, not a comma separated version that I can load into Excel and
resort.)

I suppose that, appearances to the contrary, my address book is not
sorted the way it came out in the .txt version. On what field should I
resort the Address Book so that the export looks like the Address
Book?

Thanks
--
Leonard S. Berkowitz

Using The Bat! v5.2.2 on Windows 7 6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1