Hello Jernej,

To recap for others reading this,

On October 21, I reported the following problem:

I  am  getting  annoying error messages in pop-up boxes that read as follows:

"Stream write error "C:\MAIL\Events.CFG" The process cannot access the
file because another process has locked a portion of the file."

Clicking "OK" or the "X" will remove the box, but it will pop up again
in a few minutes. If I go away from the computer for a long period of
time, upon return I will find dozens and dozens of boxes sitting on
top of the open window of The Bat.

The error messages are sporadic in that they don't always appear in
every session of The Bat. If the messages appear on my computer, they
will also appear on my wife's computer, which has The Bat, installed,
but points to the mail files on my computer. What causes this error
message and how do I get rid of this permanently? ...The  only  way  to
temporarily  solve  the  problem is to fully shutdown the computer and
then reboot.  Sometimes this will work, sometimes it won't.   However,
even  when this works, the problem eventually reappears after a number
of days or weeks.

How can I fix this?

Monday, October 21, 2013, 11:45:44 AM, you wrote:

JS> On Monday, October 21, 2013, 11:45:44, you replied:

JS> Try adding the file to the exceptions list in your antivirus.

Well, this worked for a while, but the boxes are back.  The exclusions
are  still  listed in my exceptions list, so it must be something else
causing the problem.  Any ideas?

--
Avi

Avram Sacks, using The Bat! ver. 5.3.6.0 on WinXP sp3