Even though, within TheBat, a daily backup occurs, the backup file,
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\TheBat!\Autobackup.tbk\ is not being
copied to my external backup device (a memory stick) at all. My system
backup procedure has multiple tasks defined for every directory
(folder) that I want to backup, including a task for the directory
(folder) that contains Autobackup.TBK. Whew! That is a mouthful.

Note that this backup file is located in TheBat! directory and not in
the TheBat!\Backup directory. The TheBat!\Backup folder is, in fact,
empty.

Note also that in the TheBat! directory there is a series of files,
Autobackup.$1, .$2, .$3, .$4 and $.5, each one larger than the
previous one and each one with a later creation date starting in
October, 2012 when I have work done on the computer through November,
2013.

As far as I can tell, the backup for TheBat is:

--Standard
--No file name entered in the window for Backupfile

So, while TheBat is being backed-up at one level, the backup is
unprotected insofar as it is not copied to an external medium in the same
way that all of my personal files are backed up. The task to backup
TheBat! runs every night, but does not copy Autobackup.TBK to the
external medium.

My question is: why does my backup task not recognize that
Autobackup.TBK is newer than the one on the backup medium. After all,
it is recreated every night.

(Once I solve this problem, I will probably come back to the list to
ask for advice about the relative merit of Standard or Incremental
backup.)

Thanks for you patience in reading this long note.

Leonard

--
Leonard S. Berkowitz

Using The Bat! v5.2.2 on Windows 7 6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1