Hello Mentors,

My wife's HP laptop is giving us trouble to the point that I've
ordered a new ASUS laptop and are awaiting its arrival.  The old HP
laptop is running Win 7 and the new ASUS is loaded with Win 8 or 8.1.
Not sure which.  Assuming I can even figure out how to make Win 8
work, I need to know how to move TB!  from the old HP to the new ASUS.
I searched TB's mail archive using the string "moving to a new
computer" and the latest entry I found was February of this year
posted by Mike Greenbaum.  The last answer to Mike's question was the
one posted by Thomas Fernandez where Thomas states that backing up TB
to a safe place, loading the installer on the new machine and then
when run, apparently the installer will ask if you want to restore
from backup.  So, the questions are these:

a) Is this the best way to achieve the move?

b) We're both running ver 5.2 and I find that I no longer have the MSI
file.  The archived versions of TB list TB Home 5.8.8 as the closest
to 5.2.  Are there any major differences between 5.2 and 5.88?

c) Will my wife's key block work on 5.8.8?

d) Is 5.8.8 going to run in Win 8.

e) What questions haven't I thought of?

e) Should I just cut my throat now?

--
TIA,
Jack LaRosa

Using The Bat! ver: 5.2.
Running Windows 7 Pro ver 6 build 7601 Service Pack 1