Hello Susanne,

Sunday, April 12, 2015, 5:56:35 PM, you wrote:

> Hi,

> my old laptop is at the end of its useful life, and the new one will
> be Windows 8.1.

> What's the easiest way to move TB and the database over to my new
> computer?
> Install TB on new pc, copy database over, and hope for the best? :)
> From what I've read, the registry file should also be saved and
> installed on the new pc, but I'm not sure if that should be done when
> moving to a different OS.

> Thanks for any advice!

In  The  Bat!,  Tools-Backup.   It's a guided procedure.  I keep this in Dropbox
and also Google Drive.  I also went from Windows 7 to 8 (upgraded to 8.1).  In
the
new computer, download/install The Bat! and then Tools-Restore.

Karla

 Cafe Noir                          mailto:cafe.n...@mail.ru

Secure Email                           Natural Health
 http://pobox.com/~potentia      http://www.63y.in

 Using The Bat! v5.8.8 on Windows 6.2 Build 9200