Hello Maggie,

On Fri, 14 Aug 2015 20:38:27 -0400 GMT (15-Aug-15, 07:38 +0700 GMT),
Maggie Meister wrote:

> My partner recently upgraded from 4.2 to the current version on a
> Win 7 and noticed that the icon in the taskbar doesn't flap when
> mail is received. The Bat! program window icon flaps and the
> popup mini window has a flapping icon when hovering over the
> taskbar icon, but not the taskbar icon itself. I checked to see
> if the  Preferences|General|icon animation box was checked and it
> is. Do any of you know if this is Win7 behavior or is it
> something changed from TBat4?  We must have flapping!

It flaps over here. However, when I first installed it, the taskbar
icon was totally blank. I had to delete it and then drag the desktop
icon into the task bar. And then it worked.

The reason is that the old file was called thebat.exe and the new file
is called thebat32.exe or thebat64.exe, depending on which version you
installed. I suggest to which file the taskbar icon points, and also
to which icon file.

> BTW, a sigh of relief was heard when TheBat flawlessly brought
> over all the old files to the 'new' machine.

I have moved TB! from so many old machines to so many new machines
over the last 16 years, never had a problem. ;-)

> The old TB wasn't even installed, only sitting in the downloads
> directory. Bringing over the Thunderbird mails from the Linux
> machine however was another story.

I wouldn't know anything about that.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 7.0.0.56
under Windows 7 6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1