Hi

On Thursday 15 September 2016 at 10:58:16 AM, in
<mid:1088920624.20160915115...@ags.lu>, Adrian Godfrey wrote:-

  > But why does that new window even open at all?

  See Help | Help Topics | "Contents" tab | expand "Reading Mail" |
  Folder View.

         "The "Message Viewer" window is actually a Folder View window
         and (by default) hides a list of messages stored in the
         folder that contain the message you are viewing."

  I rarely have a use for it, as I read most messages in the preview
  pane in the main window.

--
Best regards

MFPA                  <mailto:2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-gro...@riseup.net>

Act normal and the crowd will accept you.
Act deranged and they will make you their leader.

Using The Bat! v7.2.0.2 (BETA) on Windows 10.0 Build 10586