Hello Thomas, hello List!

* Thomas Fernandez wrote '[1]:

>> Quick clarification: two different versions of the program, one for each
>> user or the same version of the program, but two independent installations
>> (i.e., message bases, settings), one for each users?

> It does not matter. Admin uses an old version, but I can upgrade that.

It will make the installation much more easier, when all users on the same PC
are using the same version of TheBat.

>> If you want same version, but independent installations, install The Bat!
>> for all users. Both users will use the same version, so if you want
>> different versions for each, another approach will be needed.

> If it's easier when both use the same version, I will do that.

Yes, please!

>> If you go down the all users path, make sure that each user has their own
>> message base storage path. IIRC, The Bat! will default to a directory under
>> %APPDATA%, which is individual to each user and will do the right thing.

> Where do you mean, which "all users path"? Something in Windows (this is Win
> 7 Pro), or in TheBat?

When you enter %APPDATA% into Windows Explorer (with both %), then you are in
the right folder where TheBat stores its configuration and data:
C:\Users\_CurrentLoggedInUser_\AppData\Roaming

In the folder "TheBat" you will see all the files and maildata of the user.

%APPDATA% is a place, where each program can store its own user data.

--
Regards,
Christoph

[1] ~ Nachricht vom: 19.04.2021 @ 08:20:38 +0700 GMT