Hi David,

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000 21:15:39 +0100GMT (28/07/2000, 04:15 +0800GMT),
David Powell wrote:

DP> I don't use selective download filters much, but presumably The Bat
DP> uses the LIST command to get the sizes of messages, wouldn't it be
DP> better if The Bat only downloaded the headers first if the message was
DP> fairly large, otherwise downloading the entire message for small
DP> messages.

It does not matter whether you use them much or little; once you have
set up one, the headers will be downloaded first.

In order to check whether a message is small or big, TB needs to
download the headers.....

DP> Otherwise the overhead involved of downloading the headers, then
DP> downloading the message again complete with headers defeats the point
DP> of selective download in the first place.  Or am I missing something.

You are. How can TB select if it doesn't download the headers first?

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.45
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.