Hi Graham,

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:38:55 +0100GMT (20/09/2000, 18:38 +0800GMT),
Graham wrote:

G> I'm reading the above using Becky, and using proportional fonts.  I can
G> understand it quite easily.  And if I can't I just select a mono font
G> for the block.  What's the problem?

Exactly: no problem if the sender used fixed width fonts. :-)

What if he used prop width fonts, because he used OE? Are you going to
go through all the fonts on your HD to check out which one fits and
makes sense?

See my message to Ming-Li in this thread. I get tables like this that
were sent in OE all the time. I have absolutely no idea which price is
supposed to be at which weight break! Especially if it is long lists.
I have asked them to send them to me as Excel files - what a waste of
bandwidth!

If everybody used fixed-width fonts for sending, and we could just
click on mono if we wanted to, this would be a nice world. Thanks for
making our point. ;-)

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.46c
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.