On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, 7:20:57 AM, Krister Ekstrom wrote:

> I can't run it at all, since i can for the life of me not find the
> "system restore" thing on my Win XP Pro. Where should i look for it?
> Cymantec said you should turn it off, but as i said i can't even find
> it, so i don't know if i've got it.

According to Woody's Windows Watch, you should open the Task Manager
and look at the Process list.  If you have msblast.exe running then
you are probably infected.  The removal tool will remove the program
from your system - ending the process will stop it until the next
reboot.

You can find the most recent version of Woody's Windows Watch (WWW
#6.14 - Getting Blaster'd) at
http://www.woodyswatch.com/windows/archtemplate.asp?6-14 which
contains lots of information on Blaster and what you can do.

Julian

--
  Using The Bat! v1.62r on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1