On Wednesday, September 10, 2003, 10:56:44 AM, Roelof Otten wrote:

> I suppose it's a coincidence. Threads are being shown as full threads
> as long as there aren't any branches split from their common root.
> The ZoneAlarm thread you were mentioning had lots of separate branches
> that kept going on. On such a thread it's more likely that you're
> deleting common roots than on a thread maintained by two
> correspondents.

I checked the references on the broken threads that I have, and found
that I no longer had the messages with the MID: in my message base,
because they had purged.  As I use a maximum limit of 200 messages for
deletion purposes, and the list has been generating lots of traffic
recently, I have had lots of broken threads because the earlier
messages in threads are being lost.

I have not (yet) seen any examples of TB! breaking threads that have
references to messages that have not been deleted. YMMV, of course!

Julian

--
  Using The Bat! v2.00 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1