On Wednesday, September 10, 2003, 2:49:12 PM, Dave Kennedy wrote:

> The Internet is becoming to be treated in the same manner as
> automobiles. I.e. "I just want it to work and don't care how it
> works."

This fits in quite well with the following bit of research:

A staggering one in seven technologically challenged employees needs
help even switching their computers on and off, according to research
commissioned by City & Guilds.

The UK vocational awarding body's study of 405 random UK financial
directors revealed that, despite the fact that PCs have been around
for over thirty years, getting to grips with the devices is totally
beyond many British office workers. A fifth were found to struggle to
save a document, more than one in five need assistance printing, while
a quarter cannot understand a spreadsheet.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/67/32742.html for the details

Julian

--
  Using The Bat! v2.00 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1