On Thursday, October 23, 2003, 6:06:44 PM, Anne wrote:

> So, the file you sent was really a compressed file and should have had
> the extension  ".zip" instead of ".txt" at the end of the title."

> Any thoughts as to why/where this may be happening? My
> correspondent uses comcast.net as his ISP - could it be something
> they are doing to the attachment - perhaps as an anti-virus
> measure? I can't see it being my ISP (Freenetname) or the one I
> mailed myself would have been treated the same way.

As far as I remember, the Zip file format is a version of uuencoding, so a
zip utility should be able to decode a uuencoded file.  This suggests
that your message is changing to uuencoded format somewhere on its
journey from your outbox to his inbox.

Julian

--
  Using The Bat! v2.01.3 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1