On Friday, May 28, 2004, 8:14:25 AM, Michael L. Wilson wrote:

> Someone told me I should be using X-Ray if I use the Bat.  I have
> downloaded it and configured it a little, and now I need to ask why?
> What does it really do for me?  Anyone have any good Kludge filters to
> use with it?  Why shuffle SMTP and POP servers?  Any ideas?

There are two reasons you might wish to use X-Ray.  One is that is
allows you to modify the headers in your email messages - it is a
quite sophisticated program in this respect.

The other reason is if you are using TB! on a laptop, for example, and
may need to send messages through a variety of SMTP servers. In this
case you tell TB that the SMTP server is Localhost (X-Ray) and X-Ray
can either manually or automatically choose the SMTP server. For
example, I used X-Ray to choose between a Work (Exchange), Home (DSL)
and Mobile (Dial-up) SMTP server, which it did automatically depending
on the IP address the laptop had been allocated.

I don't do this now, as my ISP has an option of Authenticated SMTP, so
I can send mail through my ISP's SMTP servers whichever network I am
connected to.

Hope this helps!

[ps - your sig delimited is broken.  It should be [dash][dash][space]

Julian

--
  Using The Bat! v2.10.03 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1