Thursday, July 1, 2004, Russell L. Farabee wrote:

> Hello All,

> Has anyone that views html messages (so that smileys are visible)
> noticed that some letters enclosed in parens sometimes, but not
> always, appear as smileys.  For example, in an incoming message
> Open Paren b Close Paren (b) shows up as a beer mug,
> Open Paren c Close Paren (c) looks like a cup of coffee, and
> Open Paren f Close Paren (f) maybe a plate with a fork.

You use a TB that's earlier than 2.11.02?
The most annoying (?) of these, like the B and the C ones, were fixed
in that one. There are a few left in the default installation, but I
hope those will be taken care of, too.

Anyway, the smilies are defined in a filed called pdsf.msl -- in the
subfolder Images of the TB-installation. Just edit away those that
annoys you. Won't help if you send a letter, but at least you don't have
to see it anymore.
You can also disable smilies on reading by going to Options -
Preferences - Viewer/Editor and uncheck the "Use smiley icons in HTML
viewer", or by right clicking the letter you are reading and uncheck
Smileys.

--
Urban

We keep track of the humidity in the air so we won't drown when we
breathe.