Hello Ian!

On Tuesday, August 03, 2004, 7:55 PM, you wrote:

MB>> That is exactly what The Bat!'s Message Dispatcher lets me do. :)

IAW> The problem with the Message Dispatcher is that it does not classify
IAW> the messages based on the filters. Mailwasher does and by sorting on
IAW> the status, the filtered messages are grouped ...

I see. As I wrote in an earlier post, my method will probably not suit
many people. I like to look at my messages chronologically. And I like
to examine the headers on each one.

Then I decide what to download and what to delete. Most of my mail is
from the three TB! lists I'm subscribed to, plus tbot, plus a
scattering of mail from family and personal friends.

It's rare for me to have more than 100 mails at a time to look
at--usually it's 20 to 50. It is rare for me to see a Spam or a
suspicious "virus-trojan" looking mail among them. I have the time and
the inclination to do it this way.

I'm most grateful that The Bat! affords me this capability.

When I get my mail filtered to its various folders, I still don't read
by threads. I read the mail in each folder chronologically, oldest to
latest.

But that's just me. Everyone else's mileage obviously varies.

And that's the beauty of The Bat!--it's so flexible, to meet a variety
of different needs, and it works well with so many other good
programs, like MailWasher.

Mary
:Mary:
The Bat! 2.12.00 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 1