On Friday, September 3, 2004, 8:53:06 AM, Tom Duda wrote:

> This all began when I purchased a license for  The Bat! v3.0. I
> received in good time both expected emails, inluding the one with my
> registration keys. Then I received a third email telling me that
> because a sertain staff member was on vacation the email that I'd
> written to him had been forwareded to someone else.

These messages are not being sent in response to any message that you
have sent to the Ritlabs News mailing list.  They are coming from the
Ritlabs News mailing list, which you must have subscribed to when you
said you wanted to be sent news and annoucements from Ritlabs.

What is happening is that bounced messages to the RitLabs News mailing
list address are being sent back out to the whole mailing list. This
seems to be because these messages (I have had 3) are being bounced to
the From: address ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) and not the
Sender address ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).

You can either blame the RitLabs News mailing list setup, which
probably should not be possible to reply to as the messages should
only come from Ritlabs and not from members of the list, or you can
blame the people who are bouncing messages back to the list address
and not the bounced mail address.

The evils of "Out of Office" replies!

Julian

--
  Using The Bat! v2.12.00 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1