Hi

On Monday 6 December 2004 at 5:47:18 AM, Thomas Fernandez wrote:

>>> IIRC on Message-ID

A>> then it isn't working fully, or there are some other criteria in play.

[...]

A>> (also explains why the sent folder never found any dupes, no
A>> Message ID).

Messages in my sent folders all have message id. This message has
message id mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] and I am
still creating it.

> AFAIK dupes are identified both message-ID and Date header. Yes, that
> is the reason why dupes in the Sent folder are not detected.

If I copy a message from "Sent Mail" to another folder and then
move the copy to "Sent Mail", selecting "Remove Duplicates" leads
to the detection and removal of one copy.

A>> Using TB! 3.0.1.33

> OK, even though I use a v3, my wisdom usaully really applies to v1 and
> v2, so take my posting with a bit of grain. It happened two or three
> times on this list that what I said what not true for v3 any more, but
> I don't recall any change with regards to dupes.

According to TB! v3 help file:-

Duplicates are detected by the following combination of message
attributes: Message ID, Sender and date of creation.

MFPA                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using The Bat! v3.0.1.33 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1