Hello Roelof,

Friday, October 28, 2005, 3:57:01 AM, you wrote:

RO> Hallo Jack,

RO> On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 21:09:13 -0500GMT (28-10-2005, 4:09 +0200, where I
RO> live), you wrote:

JSL>> Roelof, your suggestion looked considerably more elegant and I tried
JSL>> to make it work but, alas, it wouldn't. I eliminated ALL the strings
JSL>> and substituted for them just the @ sign. I then defined the AB
JSL>> containing all the senders as a color group and specified this group
JSL>> in the ADVANCED tab. I would have loved to have had this work because
JSL>> of your observation that by simply maintaining the AB, I wouldn't ever
JSL>> have to change the filter as senders came and went.

RO> It should work when you've defined everything properly. I've been
RO> using filtering on AB groups since v1 and never in v2 it stopped
RO> working.
RO> But you're mentioning colour groups and I mentioned AB groups, those
RO> are different things, colour groups are assigned to messages and AB
RO> groups are assigned to addresses in your address book.
RO> Note that AB templates (yes, that's something else) get messed up when
RO> you're having multiple entries with the same address, the same could
RO> be valid for filtering on AB groups.

You're right of course. I went back and looked again at the filter,
specifically the ADVANCED tab and only then noticed there was a slider
bar on the right of the dialog box. Sliding the bar down exposes the
rest of the choices which includes specifying a particular AB. I
re-configured the filter as per your previous instructions and it
works perfectly.

Again, thank you.

 Jack                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Now running TB! v2.11.02 from
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 - Service Pack 2