Hello Graham,

GS> I am trying to set up a filter so that emails to and from a specific
GS> client, filtered into a folder in The Bat! will be exported as text
GS> files, into a windows folder that can be accessed by an
GS> external program.

GS> I am setting up a filter using the "Export a message" option and go through
the
GS> set up until I am asked for the file name, but as I haven't exported
GS> any messages yet, I don't yet have a file name. I have tried putting
GS> the ClientsName.txt as a file name but The Bat! just tells me the
GS> file doesn't exist - which it doesn't, but I am expecting The Bat! to
GS> create the file name on export (I have selected the Increment file
GS> name option).

You could always use notepad to create an empty file with the name you
want  and  then the file will exist. This does not work though if you
need a bunch of different files to export to.

--
 Stuart                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using The Bat! v3.70.03 "Qigong" (Beta) on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service