G'day Mark,

> Hello Bob,

> Thursday, February 23, 2006, 2:47:28 AM, you wrote:

BM>> I just upgraded to version 3.71.03 (thanks to Mary Bull for noting its
BM>> release - no thanks to RitLabs who rarely seem to bother to advise
BM>> about upgraded versions despite being on their mailing list).

> 3.71.03 is not a release. As you will understand there are far less release
> versions than Betas or even Release Candidates. If you want to be notified
> about new Betas, you should join TBETA.

RitLabs sure seem to think that it is a release - at least according
to their web page:

http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/news_detail.php?ID=1324

> RITLabs releases The Bat! v3.71
> 02/18/2006
>
> In the pursuit of a perfect piece of software we bring you yet
> another version of The Bat!. The list of bug-fixes is long, but pay
> attention to the new features we added too.

In view of the release date some 5 days ago and most of the regulars
here apparently not knowing that it existed sort of confirms my
thoughts about RITLABs failure to advise users of the update.

I have however discovered the solution to my original query.  After
resurrecting an prior version of The Bat! (on my old computer) and
looking at the settings there I find that if I open my UserDic.TLX and
change the LID (first line of file) from 24941 to 25202 it then
correctly shows the language as British English rather than US English
- in line with the language that I have set under Spell Checker
language. I can't remember who originally provided this fix but he/she
certainly has my thanks as it was driving me crazy seeing my User
dictionary described as US English when it most certainly wasn't. ;-)

--
Regards,
 Bob