Tom @ 3/10/2006 4:34:56 PM
"maintenance and max size of folders" <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Could I do the same, ie moving a folder from documents & settings /
> application data/ The Bat/ Folder X to another spot on my harddrive
> without affecting the working of TB? Could I if necessary put it
> back at a later stage?

You can remove the .TBI & .TBB files from your mail directory and The
Bat! will not complain. However, I would only do this when The Bat!
was not running. The next time a message is place in that folder, it
will simply re-create those files.

> Is any of this necessary or are you guys all happy with quite a
> number of big folders within TB.

It doesn't cause me any problems. I currently have about 50,000
messages (a relatively small number, compared to many) in this
account. Most of them are kept in special archive folders which I keep
collapsed in the folder pane (They are sub-folders of the main
folder). I only really access them via the search tool. This keeps the
main folders down to a reasonable number (around 1,500).

--
Chris
Quoting when replying to this message is good for you and me.

Using The Bat! v3.71.03 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2.
Accessing a POP3 mailbox.

Today's Oxymoron: Clearly misunderstood