Hello Tom,

Monday, March 26, 2007, 1:55:38 PM, among other things, I wrote:

 R> I  will  set  up  some similar filters here and see what happens and report
 R> back.

 I  initially  set  up  three  filters  in  the  following order:
 1. Time of creation 00.00 to 07.59
 2. Time  of creation 08.00 to 15.59
 3. Time of creation 16.00 to 23.59
 and then used them to filter 850 messages that I
 copied  from  my  'Trash'  folder, with the result that three messages with
 creation times like 00.00 and 8.00 did not get filtered anywhere! I did not
 do any further analysis of this test.

 I then changed the filter times as follows:
 1. Time of creation 00.00 to 08.00
 2. Time of creation 08.00 to 16.00
 3. Time of creation 16.00 to 00.00
 and repeated the filtering of the 850 messages with the following results:
 a)  The  filters work on creation times converted to my local time zone.
 b)  One  message  was  mis-sorted.  It had a creation time of 08.00 but was
 repeatedly  sorted  by the No.3 filter. I cannot see anything unusual about
 the header of this message, but it is always ignored by filters 1 and 2 and
 found by no.3!
 c)  A  message  with  a  creation  time  of 00.00 was sorted by No.3 filter
 whereas  a message with a creation time of 00.01 was sorted by filter No.1.
 Thus it seems that these filters do not really overlap.

Conclusion:
I  can  confirm that some messages can get mis-sorted, but for reasons still
unknown! I hope this will at least reassure you that the problem is not just
local to you. :-|

 Roger
:flag-southafrica:
The Bat! v3.98.6 :beta: with AntispamSniper 1.8.0.8 ,
on Windows XP, version 5 1, build 2600 and Service Pack 2