Hello Tom,

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 08:16:29 +1100 GMT (22/01/2008, 04:16 +0700 GMT),
Tom wrote:

T> Thomas, thanks for your assistance. You are right with respect to the
T> accounts but that does not fully solve the issue.

OK. Good that we are clear which filter is in which account.

T> I understand now that my third filter only works on bounces aimed
T> to Account B directly. So this won't help me with bounces from my
T> automated account.

Correct.

T> However I would still like to filter bounces from this account to
T> the bounce folder.

That's what the third filter does. Nothing wrong with it.

T> Your suggestion to remove the second filter causes a problem due to
T> a misunderstanding.

No! I don't suggest you remove any filter.

T> The first filter moving bounces from Account A to Account B does
T> not work correctly. Instead of moving the messages to the Bounce
T> Folder of Account B, it drops the messages into Customer In /
T> Account B.

The first filter moves the messages into the Bounce folder. It works.

T> I am not sure I understand the logic behind your suggestion re 2.
T> Filter.

T> You indicate that as my first filter is set to continue, the
T> second filter may undo the work of the first filter.

Exactly. In order for your requirements to work, you need to take the
tickmark off the Option "Continue with other fitlers" from the FIRST
filter.

When happens now is that the first filter moves the message to the
Bounce folder (check out Folder / Browse Deleted in that folder for
illustration), and then the second filter again moves it, this time to
the Customer In folder. The only way to prevent this is by telling the
first filter to stop processing the messages it catches. Then the
second filter won't be applied.

T> I will test your suggestion but would have thought that once moved
T> based on 1. Filter, the second filter should not have any "power"
T> over those emails anymore.

Usually it doesn't. But you explicetely gave it this power by ticking
on "Continue with other filters". Take the tickmark off and you'll be
fine.

T> If it works this way, can we amend the 2. Filter to exclude certain
T> emails?

What do you have in mind?

T> Anyway, I will try to inactivate the filter and see what happens
T> first.

Don't inactivate any filter. Just take that frigging tickmark off the
"Continue" option in the first filter, that's all. ;-)

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Unter dem Einfluss von Alkohol griff eine naechtliche Polizeistreife
einen Pkw-Fahrer aus Minden.

Message reply created with The Bat! 4.0.0.6 (ALPHA)