Hello Everyone,

for a number of accounts I have set the storage of attachments to be
kept separately in a special directory.
I prefer it that way to have one "bucket" that has all attachments
stored safely in case I need to go back to search for the attachment
later (irrespective of my email storage).

If someone wants to point out drawbacks to this policy, please do so.

I am now noticing that accessing this storage folder on my harddrive
becomes sluggish, I guess due to the number of files stored there. As
my need to access these attachments diminishes rapidly after 3 weeks,
I would like to shift all attachments older than 3 weeks to another
folder.
What are the implications for my emails and email database? I am
always worried about doing things that may corrupt my TB database. My
moving these attachments now from folder A to folder B within Windows
explorer, will that have any consequences for TB?
New attachments are still supposed to be stored in the same folder.

Tom
using TheBat! 4.0.28.3 on XP