Mo DeJong wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Lubos Vrba wrote:
>
> > Hello *,
>
> This is a tricky issue. Jacl (using Tcl commands in an applet)
> works but the java::* commands do not.
>
> > in jacl web pages I've read that Jacl 1.25 won't work in browsers.
>
> There is nothing wrong with Jacl that we could fix to "support"
> applets. The "problem" is that the JVM inside Netscape's browser
> is totally busted. I have not tested the Microsoft JVM so I
> can not speak about that.
>
> > Is there some plans for future to support Jacl in applet?
>

> > thanks for any help.
> >
> > Lubos Vrba
>
> Mo DeJong
> Cygnus Solutions

Thanks for answer. I'm still trying to find some workaround.
In FAQ is written:

1.For remote applets, both Netscape and IE disallow the introspection of class
members. This makes it impossible to use any of the following commands:
java::new, java::call, java::prop, java::field.

2.You can install Jacl as a local Java package on your machine to get around the

restriction mentioned in (a), but then Netscape won't read any of the Jacl
library
scripts, such as init.tcl, because it doesn't allow your applet to read from
local
disks.

Can anybody say to me what does it mean 'install Jacl as a local Java package'?
If it means place it in CLASSPATH, than I sign it and enable access to read
sources will
everything work?
I just don't understand how this can get around using NN JVM..
Am I wrong?

Lubos