Hello!

I'm using JACL in web environment. I wrote engine
similar to JSP, which allows to embed Tcl scripts
in HTML pages. I want to make use of an
advanced classloader, provided by servlet runner
which has possibility to check for modification
of class or source java files in web-applications,
and recompile/reload them on-the-fly.

I suppose one essential feature is missing in JACL:
an ability to use external class loader in interp.
It would be an easy change to add this feature to
JACL:

Interp.setClassLoader(ClassLoader loader);
Interp.getClassLoader();

And TclClassLoader can use this loader (if
present in Interp) to load classes. For
performance reasons it would be great if
this external loader has priority upon standard
class loading mechanisms.

I beleive that this feature will improve
JACL ability to be embeded into different
applications and environments.

Best regards,
Vladimir.