On Tue, 23 May 2000, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> Now I want to try the demos.
> I did the make demos.  Then I do this:
> $ cd demos/gluepkg
> $ source glue.tcl
> Creating the AWT threads...
> "/vol/tclsrcsol/tcl83/tcljava/unix/A_Jar_File.jar" is not a valid jar file
> while evaluating {source glue.tcl}

Strange, I have not seen this error before. Try opening another
.jar file and see if that works. I suggest tcljava.jar, I know
for a fact that it is a "valid Jar file". It that still does
not work then I suspect a JVM bug. The demo just asks the JVM
to open the .jar file, so there is no "bug" to fix in the demo.

Mo Dejong
Red Hat Inc.