Jeff, sounds like your experience confirms my initial analysis - It's a safe
bet to go the Java -> Tcl Blend direction.

BTW - this work is for JPL (Jet Propulsion Laboratory) - so you can add JPL
to the list of "large corporate/gov't users of Tcl and Tcl Blend ;) We will
be using Tcl to script our ground command and control system for a new
satellite due to launch in a few months. We will be doing the first ever
"lights out" (no humans) automation of a satellite!

john