On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Boyapati, Srinivas (IndSys) wrote:

> hi
> when i trying to run commad   set f [java::new java.awt.Frame] in java
> tcl.lang.shell. i gor error message invalid command name "java::new"
>
> in read me there is no information how to run command in shell(in binary
> version jacl readme)

The downloads page clearly states:

Some people will find it easier to download the binary release,
but be warned that most problem reports related to the
binary release are caused by user error! To use the binary release you
need to set the CLASSPATH environment variable properly.
Others have reported problems that were caused by a corrupted JDK
installation. Also note that the binary release includes only binaries,
if you are looking for documentation or examples you need to
download the source release. For all these reasons, we suggest
that you use the source release.

Please look at some of the examples, they show how you
need to call "package require java" before using the
java::* commands.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc