On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, Thomas McKay wrote:

> Can someone send me a pointer to where I can download autoconf 2.14.

You would need to grab the autotools out of the CVS (Dont do this yet!).

setenv CVSROOT :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvs

cvs login
paswsd ""

cvs checkout autoconf

cvs checkout libtool

setenv CVSROOT :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvs/automake

cvs login
paswsd "anoncvs"

cvs checkout automake

> I just checked out tcljava from sourceforge and would like to make it.
> There aren't any instructions on doing this so I am assuming that I:
> 1) autoconf configure.in
> 2) configure
> 3) make

You don't need to. There is already a tcljava/configure file for
just that reason (so you don't need to download autoconf). If you
change the Tcl/Java configure.in file or other m4 files, you
would need to rerun things. If you wanted to do that, you
would run the ./autogen.sh script.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc