On Apr 29, 2004, at 4:05 PM, Michael Richardson wrote:

Okay, it has been years since I was on a v6-crippled system, so I didn't
know that we weren't OS independant.

Can we extract some in6_addr code from one of the BSDs and include
that if we need it?

That might work - one concern would be a collision on OSes that *do* define it, but we could either

1) check in the configure script whether it's defined by the OS and define it ourselves if not

or

        2) have our own structure for v6 addresses (that's what Ethereal does).

1) is a bit easier, and doesn't involve a large pile of changes to the code, so I'd be inclined to go that route if we can.

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.