Hello ppl,

I need a little assistance from you experienced packet filtering guys:

I am running a Linux Redhat 7.3 distribution (kernel version 2.4.18-3).
My problem is the following:

I have two laptops (say A and B) that have 802.11 wireless cards. I am developing some application that essentially perform sniffing functions using wireless cards in promiscuous mode. To test my code, I need those two laptops not to "see" each other (--> I do not want the wireless card of laptop A, which is operating in promiscuous mode to process packets coming from laptop B) and I want to test my appliction having my laptops on my desk, hence I need a way to "hide" the two laptops from each others.
I want to apply some kind of filters to laptops A and B, and I want the filtering to happen BEFORE the packets reach the "promiscuous mode filter". Quickly borwsing the web I found BPF (BSD Packet Filter). Can that be the solution to my problem? If yes can anyone tell me how to quickly set up a BPF filter on laptop A that rejects all the traffic coming from laptop B?

Thx  a lot

Claudio
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.