--- Begin Message ---
On Oct 7, 2020, at 3:16 PM, Denis Ovsienko via tcpdump-workers
<tcpdump-workers@lists.tcpdump.org> wrote:

> Do you mean to introduce a function like pcap_error(), which the
> developers would be able to interrogate if they need in use cases like
> this? Then existing functions could be slowly updated as needed to store
> the fault details somewhere for that function.

I was thinking of a new API for injecting packets, which would directly return
a PCAP_ERROR_ value.  A pcap_last_error() routine would also handle that case,
but if a new routine would return a success vs. failure value, it might as well
return an error code, so pcap_last_error() would be useful only for existing
routines.

--- End Message ---