--- Begin Message ---
Hello,

I'm working on a project that plans to store PCI and PCI-Express
packets in the pcapng format as that's the most appropriate storage
format and I really rather not roll something custom.

As such what are thoughts on adding Link-Layer types for PCI, PCI-X,
and PCI-Express?

And would you want to group all versions of PCI, PCI-X, and
PCI-Express together or have them be their own values?

Seeing as the following are all the individual specs for the lot:

PCI:
 * 1.0
 * 2.0
 * 3.0
PCI-X:
 * 1.0
 * 2.0
PCI-Express:
 * 1.0
 * 2.0
 * 3.0
 * 4.0
 * 5.0
 * 6.0

I know they are not strictly networking, but seeing as USB is already
in the list I figure that it can't hurt to add them.

The standards for the link-layers are all on
<https://pcisig.com/specifications> but as an average person it's
almost near impossible to get your hands on them due to how
prohibitively expensive they are.

So what are peoples thoughts on this? Any recommended way to go about it?

--- End Message ---