--- Begin Message ---
Hi, CVE-2020-8037 causes a big amount of memory to be allocated (then freed),
it does not cause an attack.

I'm sorry that I haven't managed to succeed in doing the right CVE.json dance
to get the mitre data updated.

Bill Fenner via tcpdump-workers <tcpdump-workers@lists.tcpdump.org> wrote:
    > I realize that http://www.tcpdump.org/security.html says there is no
    > commitment from the tcpdump group to release security fixes on any
    > timeframe whatsoever.  However, is there a way for someone who ships
    > tcpdump with their product to be made aware of unreleased security
    > fixes, or should we rely on Red Hat and others for that?

I can strive to do better.
I think that you are on the security@ list, and I think that this did go
through that list at the time.

]     m...@sandelman.ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [