On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 12:28:33PM -0700, Harry Putnam wrote:
> How can I get a different timestamp?  I want the date too.

At least with the current version, you get that with

        tcpdump -tttt

as per the man page:

     -t   Don't print a timestamp on each dump line.

     -tt  Print an unformatted timestamp on each dump line.

     -ttt Print a delta (in micro-seconds)  between  current  and
          previous line on each dump line.

     -tttt
          Print a timestamp in default format proceeded  by  date
          on each dump line.  -u Print undecoded NFS handles.

(which has a formatting error - the "-u" stuff should be in a separate
paragraph).
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?body=unsubscribe