Sent: Monday, May 27, 2002 10:18 AM
Subject: [tcpdump-workers] Problem with option -w

Good Morning all
I'm newbie with tcp-dump today it's my first mail in this list, so i search
to solve a little problem with the option "-w" that allow to store data
in file for leater consulted.
my trouble it's as follow.

1) start tcpdump with tcpdump -w /home/gsaffioti/Documents/Dump .
2) when my tracing is complete stop tcp-dump.

so now i wont to look my file Dump, but if open this file i can't read this
because it's not an ascii file.

Please somebody know wich format is for this file or how can look this file?
Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

P.s: Sorry for my ugly english!

TuttoTISCALI e' il tuo nuovo contratto di telefonia!
Chiami in tutta Italia, giorno e notte, al prezzo di un'urbana
Ti colleghi ad Internet e spendi meno di un'urbana
http://point.tiscali.it/tuttotiscali/webmail.html

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?body=unsubscribe