On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 02:18:19PM +0800, Iain McAleer wrote:
> I'm having a few problems with a pcap callback function and I can't see what
> is wrong with it!
>
> CC ERROR:
> snoop.c:67: two or more data types in declaration of `process_packet'

> snoop.c:182: conflicting types for `process_packet'
> snoop.c:67: previous declaration of `process_packet'
>
> the relevant lines are as follows
>
> PROTOTYPE:
> void process_packet(u_char *datav, const struct pcap_pkthdr* header, const
> u_char *p);
>
> LOOP:
>  while(pcap_loop(fd, 0, (pcap_handler)process_packet, 0));
>
> FUNCTION START:
> void process_packet(u_char *datav, const struct pcap_pkthdr* header, const
> u_char *p) {

I suspect there's another line that's relevant.

In fact, I suspect it's a line before line 67 of "snoop.c", and if it's
not line 66 there are probably only blank lines between it and line 67 -
there might be multiple tokens before that line that are interpreted as
data types, as C code such as

        double float int main(int argc, char **argv);

        int
        main(int argc, char **argv)
        {
                return 0;
        }

gets the errors

        % gcc -c bong.c
        bong.c:1: two or more data types in declaration of `main'
        bong.c:1: two or more data types in declaration of `main'
        bong.c:5: conflicting types for `main'
        bong.c:1: previous declaration of `main'

so you probably have something like that.  It might be a missing
character (a missing semicolon, for example), or an error at the end of
a header file included just before line 67, or something such as that.
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?body=unsubscribe