Hello guys.
I was looking for libpcap portability issues, and two problems came to
my eyes.

1. widespread use of u_int variables.
There is no assurance about the size of a u_int variable. In fact, u_int
is usually defined by the operating system as a 'unsigned int', which
can be either 32 or 64 bits. Vice versa, 'bpf_u_int32' should be defined
in order to be a 32bit number.
Should we change the 'u_int' to 'bpf_u_int32' in pcap.h (this could be
done, for instance, into the 'struct pcap_stat', 'struct pcap_if')?

2. use of structure 'sockaddr' in 'struct pcap_addr'
This type does not support IPv6 addresses, since it is only 14 bytes
long.
Should we use the new 'sockaddr_storage' instead?

Thanks,

        fulvio
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?body=unsubscribe