I'm all about learning Linux...  Especially since its free and with the budgets lately
free is good

Charby

Christian Charbonneaux
District Technology Coordinator
400 S 16th Street
Sac Community Schools
Sac City, IA 50583

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 01/31/02 12:38PM >>>
I, for one, am very interested in learning linux.  Would there be any
others who'd perhaps want to take a morning session next month and learn
together?  Perhaps we could each bring a system, and agree on one flavor
of Linux, e.g. red had, mandrake, etc., burnt to a CD.  Might be
interesting.

Alternatively, perhaps an Apple SE could come and show us the UNIX stuff
underneath OS X.   Say one hour on OSX walk-through, and three on the
stuff underneath, e.g. managing security, creating a proxy cache, etc.
-SS
-------------
FWIW, should one go the linux route on servers, I'd have to plug
"eDirectory," as it consolidates all servers & users into one tree, ala
active directory, but it works on many platforms, eg. Linux, WinX, Sun,
and of course, Netware.

Another shameless plug:  Linux desktops can login to Netware 6 with no
client.
I hear that a bank in Sioux Falls is running StarOffice on linux - 2000+
desktops.

http://www.mail-archive.com/tech-cord@aea5.k12.ia.us/

http://www.mail-archive.com/tech-cord@aea5.k12.ia.us/