On Mon, 27 Jun 2011, Will Dennis wrote:

Hi all,

Any pointers on how to enable network printing on a Mac (recent Mac OS X
10.6/10.5) via CUPS? We do this on our Linux workstations by modifying
the CUPS configuration file /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and adding in the
following two lines:

BrowsePoll <printserver1>
BrowsePoll <printserver2>

All our Macs have supported network browsing by default. Do you have multiple subnets that prevent browsing? Here's what I think is the relevant portion of cupsd.conf:

  # Show shared printers on the local network.
  Browsing On
  BrowseOrder allow,deny
  BrowseAllow all
  BrowseLocalProtocols CUPS dnssd

I'll note that I've had trouble with the Mac firewall utility and printer operation -- but that's an observation without a good diagnosis or solution. :-/

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinl...@madboa.com <> http://www.madboa.com/